The Front End Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. The Front End Department Supervisor impacts Lowe’s mission daily by planning, scheduling, monitoring, and successfully implementing all non-selling operations in the front end of the store, facilitating the store’s ability to provide a superior customer shopping experience and maximize sales and profitability.
- To be successful, the Front End Department Supervisor must collaborate and communicate with other Department Supervisors and Assistant Store Managers to determine the most effective methods for meeting service, operations, and safety objectives.
- The individual in this role must continuously drive efficiencies and be able to teach others the skills needed to maintain effective store operations.
- It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, recognitions, and morale.
- The Front End Department Supervisor helps keep our store safe by conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, training and monitoring staff, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Experience working cross-functionally.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Waterford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A