You’ll hear us refer to our Abattoirs as ‘Woodhead’s’ which is one of the best known names in the British meat industry, with a history of over 100 years. Today it is a wholly subsidiary of Morrisons and we’re still the only major supermarket to have it’s own abattoir and meat processing operations. We have three sites in Spalding (Lincolnshire), Colne (Lancashire) and Turriff (Aberdeenshire) and process over 3,400 cattle, 15,000 lambs and 28,000 pigs per week. So it’s a pretty big operation.
- As a Skilled Slaughter Operative you would work within our Abattoir on the slaughter line and report directly into a Team Manager.
- Operating equipment and machinery (which could include knife/bladed machinery) to prepare carcass for chilling
- Follow training in food safety to ensure a high quality, food safe products are produced for our customers
- Ensuring health and safety to create a safe working environment for self and colleagues
- Training in knife safety to minimise risks of injury
- Completing tasks as efficiently as possible in order to reduce waste and downtime and maximise yields and profits
- Working as part of a team, being supportive to colleagues and demonstrating a positive attitude and sharing knowledge
- Training new members of the team as required
- Work flexibly across multiple roles and areas within the Abattoir to ensure service levels are met
- This role is a 40 hour contract and requires you to be able to work 5 over 7 days as required by business needs.
- As well as being able to maintain a high level of concentration, you must also have:
- The ability to understand detailed training
- The ability to complete tasks within defined time limits
- Knife skills essential
- The ability to maintain a sterilised knife at all times when undertaking my role
- The ability to follow verbal instruction
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in an abattoir environment
- A slaughter licence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A