From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery servi
Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities
- Manage an effective HR and people function through the consistent delivery of key people policies and procedures along with successful delivery of store KPI results against targets
- Support the Store Manager in creating a high achieving, capable and engaged Store Leadership Team who consistently attain outstanding performance.
- Recruit and train resource to meet the needs of the business, identifying and developing talent to feed the succession pipeline.
- Set the direction, influence, coach and guide management on all people related matters.
- Work in close partnership with key stakeholders across the business to align the business strategy and people strategy allowing us to develop outstanding people plans, driving both people and business performance and making Morrisons a great place to work.
- Our People Manager role is a great role to springboard your career in Morrisons either in a people focused role, or into a more operational role such as Operations Manager or Store Manager.
- You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package.
- Their main focus is looking after the wellbeing of their teams, getting to know them as individuals and working with the managers to create an inclusive working environment, where the talent agenda is kept alive and where everyone feels supported and are able to perform at their best.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to adapt
- Great relationship and stakeholder management with strong influencing skills
- Strong coaching skills with the ability to give feedback to ensure common ways of working
- A passion for creating a great shopping experience through market leading customer service
- A passion for spotting, driving talent and creating a successful team culture.
- The power to create a culture that fosters and values collaboration.
- Flexibility to work variable hours including early mornings, evenings and working 5 days out of 7 across the week.
- Ability to remain highly effective in an ever-changing business environment
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent eye for detail & strong IT skills
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a fast paced, high turnover and large space environment
- Experience of HR policies and procedures (ER knowledge is a must!)
- Experience in improving employee engagement and acting upon employee feedback.
- Our People Managers don’t need to be CIPD qualified (although advantageous!) but what we do look for is experience in an Operational HR role, whether this be in a retail environment or with the hospitality and leisure or food manufacturing experience (or equivalent).
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Human Resources
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A