About The Role Our sites are ever-demanding, complex and in some cases operate 24 hours a day – so it’s vital we have a strong Engineering team who ensure our machines work to the best of their ability. So we can provide great product to our customers, whilst still ensuring speediness. Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, you will also…
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available
- Action any repairs and ensure that all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised and you will be involved in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance.
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and damages
- Work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised
- Work collaboratively within the engineering team, providing support in investigating means of improving plant productivity and also investigating and establishing causes for all breakdowns and damages.
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Wakefield, Englanf, UK
Application Deadline: N/A