You are an entrepreneurial utility player – understanding what success requires and creating solutions when none exist yet. Internal coalition building and stakeholder management will be critical. You will also need to cultivate and formalize new partnerships with the world’s top external solvers. You excel in operational organization, time management, and decision-making in an ambiguous environment. You have a consistent track record of delivering results through teamwork.
- Develop new, low-impact materials, methods of make, and advanced recycling solutions for a more sustainable Nike.
- Partner internally and externally to co-create breakthrough technical solutions and products.
- Work closely with NXT Sustainability leadership to develop and inform program goals and expectations.
- Plan and execute pilot programs to prove viability of technological innovation, including running project scope, requirements and success metrics.
- Build and lead cross-functional teams across the business, and manage multiple projects at varying stages of development.
- Develop and clearly communicate project plans, technical achievements, accountabilities, dependencies, budget and other resource requirements, and progress updates.
- Negotiate and execute new partnership agreements
- Assess environmental impact of new technologies with incomplete data
- Develop and communicate strong business case recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real-world experience
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2/ECS, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) within a micro-service architecture
- Experience working on a software development team, with ability to discuss team dynamics, personal interactions etc.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Serverless technologies
- Experience with Event, Message and Queue driven architectures
- Prior experience implementing highly scalable web applications and REST Web Services
Qualification & Experience:
- A deep passion for sustainability
- Demonstrated capacity and eagerness for delivering novel solutions for complex challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical field is required, with a Master’s degree or PhD being a plus
- At least 5 years of solid experience executing project management
- Innovation experience in materials and manufacturing
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Woodstock, GA
Application Deadline: N/A