Website Old Navy
The Buyer for Old Navy Canada is responsible for ensuring that the Global Old Navy vision is brought to life through robust product and inventory strategies that are appropriate for the Canada market. The Buyer is the expert of their department and channel and is a true business owner who knows their customer and their market inside and out. The Buyer assorts a commercially viable product line and builds sales and inventory plans that drive sales and margin growth. The Buyer is responsible for partnering with the global team to ensure Canada needs are imbedded in the Global Old Navy product strategies.
- Drive in-season business through weekly promotion and markdown changes
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast
- Analyze and report current business and be able to adapt new strategies to changing business
- Develops and builds department & class level plans that support market/division strategy
- Develops and builds pre-season style plans and recommends investment quantities in line with commercial plan and financial goals
- Manages the reconciliation of class-to-department bottoms-up plans.
- Understands product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level and applies learnings into future product strategies.
- Roadmap/Assorts based on market specific seasonality, sales trends and opportunities while maintaining the Global Old Navy product vision.
- Understands competitive environment; drives pricing strategy, proactively seeks market knowledge.
- Mentor, support and develop Planning Analysts and Inventory Specialists on the team.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A