Website Old Navy
The Divisional Merchandise Manager develops, communicates and drives long-term merchandising strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Motivates and coaches the Merchandising team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented in their work. Communicates the seasonal merchandising vision and ensures that short-term initiatives are aligned with long-term strategies. Models smart risk-taking in investment strategies. Acts as a corporate citizen through sharing best in practices and key learnings across Divisions and Brands. Is a role model and mentor within the company.
- Ensure product assortments between all Departments within the Division are aligned and not duplicative.
- Ensure Department seasonal strategies tie to annual plan and provide an commercial & balanced assortment strategy for the store & online experience and support long-term Brand and Division goals.
- Annually develop and gain approval for long-term Divisional strategies and prioritize annual initiatives to support Brand strategies and increase earnings.
- In close partnership with IM counterpart, gain approval for the Division’s seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
- Provide clear direction for seasonal investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken in the appropriate Departments and that financial targets are met.
- Strategically lead the success of the Division through developing and driving a merchandising strategy that meets or exceeds the company’s financial goals. Prioritize cross-functional partnership and Merchandising team initiatives to meet customer expectations and ensure resource efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must be the market-facing expert for the business (competitive and customer). Must be consumer centric and lead the teams to make decisions based on our customers wants eeds
- Strong gut instinct and passion for product; take smart risks and be innovative.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong Business Acumen; expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them. Identify areas of the business that need attention and have the ability to analyze the details when appropriate.
- Demonstrate agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution)
- Think strategically, conceptually and creatively –must have, and be able to articulate, a vision that is sharable by all key stakeholders.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7-10 years of retail buying experience.
- 4-6 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience as Divisional Merchandise Manager is required.
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A