Website Old Navy
The Senior Director, Digital Merchandising is responsible for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and online plans. Provides the overall strategic visions for the team to create a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Lead partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the online customer and business needs. Oversee the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals. Successfully coach, develop and guide a Digital Merchandising team.
- Lead the development of strategic vision for category positional across the division with perspective to the overall business.
- Accountable for monthly open to buy forecast for a division, and partner with the lead of the Online Strategy team to identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory plans.
- Accountable for the development and communication of divisional product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Drive innovation in all milestones through the ability to influence business partners.
- Drive for continual innovation and improvement–recommend strategies to be leveraged across divisions and departments.
- Oversee the development, execution and communication of the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division within Old Navy Online.
- Oversee the financial success of a division by meeting sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Oversee divisional pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans.
- Oversee the development of seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities use to inform pre-line.
- Proven track record in leading a team to execute on an aligned multi-year business strategy driving results for the brand year over year.
- Innovation Cultivator; exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Embodies curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Asks the right questions of the team to uncover business opportunities. Takes actions to improve ability to deliver against existing goals. Sets new and stretch goals to self and team. Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Strong Talent Builder skills; proven ability to motivate, lead, empower, and influence others.
- Demonstrated Strategic Orientation; ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 years managing a team
- 7-10 years merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- BA or BS Preferred
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A