Website Rite Aid
As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. In order to effectively work with the pharmacy team and be able to properly serve our patients, All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Successfully complete the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. This on-the-job program is designed and provided by Rite Aid Pharmacy. You are expected to successfully complete the program within 6 months of your date of hire or promotion into the
- Pharmacy Technician in Training position. Successful completion of the Program is defined as completing: all Computer Based Training (CBTs),
- Workbook exercises, on-the-job training exercises and obtaining a passing grade on the Final Competency Exam.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy department.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A