The Batch Specialist will have a strong technical background and experience with at least one Batch scheduler, preferably Automic/UC4. Working closely with the application support team and the wider Technology team they will be responsible for the maintenance and optimisation of the Batch landscape across the business. They will be responsible for identifying, designing and delivering related Batch strategies and solutions, displaying a strong understanding of batch run process, production control and job scheduling. As a Batch Specialist, they will provide technical assistance and direction to the wider team, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together. They will maintain the end-to-end architecture constantly looking at ways to improve or optimise. You’ll have a strong technical background, be an excellent communicator, a fast learner and problem solver and have the flexibility when it comes to supporting new technologies.
- Overseeing the production batch schedules for the applications landscape.
- Provide technical leadership and input into the resolution of all batch related priority incidents and problems
- Guidance and governance for vendors, using your technical knowledge and expertise to influence and aid project governance and decision making
- Define batch standards to which the delivery teams need to adhere
- Work across all technology teams to understand the impact to operations of new and existing Batches
- Drive the delivery of a fully optimised batch schedule for Oracle Retail by working closely with the programme team
- Develop and maintain Primark-wide batch architecture including mapping the dependencies across the wider group
- Responsible for assuring batch changes through the change management process
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of implementation and batch to wider programme stakeholders.
- Govern and QA the delivery of services from a defined batch perspective:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reading, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A