- Working closely with the application support team, specialised business teams and the wider Technology team, you will be responsible for the maintenance and optimisation of the data landscape across the business. As a Data Specialist, you will provide technical assistance and direction to the wider team, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together and maintain the end-to-end architecture constantly looking at ways to improve or optimise. You’ll have a strong technical background and expert experience with major programmes including participation in and driving data migration activities.
- As well as the above, you’ll be an excellent communicator, a fast learner and problem solver and have the flexibility when it comes to supporting new technologies.
- Ensure there is a documented Business Data Model which is understood by all technology teams
- Define, implement and optimise operational processes pertaining to the flow and integrity of data across the application landscape
- Define data standards and ensure data integrity across multiple production and non-production environments
- Work across all technology teams to understand the impact to operations of new and existing data tools, flows and management
- Provide technical leadership and input into the resolution of all data related priority incidents and problems
- Drive the delivery of manageable/auditable data flows for Oracle Retail by working closely with the programme team
- Partner with the business to ensure data governance standards are adhered to in order to prevent data related incidents
- Guidance and governance for internal stakeholders and vendors, using your technical knowledge and expertise to influence and aid project governance and decision making
- Reporting to the Technical Team Manager, in this role you will be the internal SME responsible for the operational data landscape for the Oracle Retail solution.
- Oracle Retail brings a level of complexity previously unknown to Primark, so this is a key role to map data flow, to systems, to business process.
- In addition, with dual run of legacy systems, there is a higher likelihood of issues occurring and data errors are difficult to identify and resolve.
- The Data Specialist will operate from an operational run point of view to assure data quality throughout the lifecycle of Primark’s supply chain from ordering to reporting.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reading, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A