To leverage the persons expertise in Payments and Compliance legislation, technology trends and innovation to identify, evangelise and justify technology and process changes to ensure that the systems are aligned with the latest global Payments and Compliance legislation.The role requires strong communication skills to ensure effective engagement with the stakeholder group both across the business and within the Technology Function.
- Build relationships with key business and technology stakeholders to identify opportunities to apply technology or business process changes to deliver benefits in and to transform payments and compliance.
- Ensure technology has early involvement in any proposed innovations.
- Provide knowledge input in all areas of payments and compliance to ensure that Primark as a business is keeping up to date with latest developments in this space incl. compliance and legislation.
- Communicate opportunities and evaluations to the key business stakeholders. Evangelise potential applications of technologies.
- Engage with our key Payment Partners & Business Stakeholders to identify future changes that are required, either to support mandated legislative changes or business driven change.
- Recommend innovation opportunities and input into business strategies and architecture roadmaps to ensure Primark are fast adopters of proven technologies and innovations that are fit for a business of our scale. Clearly articulate how proposed capability and innovations could resolve an organizational need.
- Ensure innovations fit with the payments and compliance strategy – goals, performance metrics, best practices, tools/technologies, methodologies.
- Leverage 3rd parties, research organisations and suppliers to keep up to date with innovations and technologies that are applicable to and ready for adoption in a business of our scale. This includes adoption of technologies from other business sectors e.g. Telcos, High Tech, Manufacturing, FMCG, FinTech, etc.
- Define cases for and pilot / demonstrate innovations with business and architecture input. Capture and communicate learnings.
- Build the business cases for wider adoption of technologies and ensure proper technology and business engagement. Ensure there is a robust assessment of the costs, benefits and risks and required change management.
- Transition the technologies to the project teams and support teams for implementation and assist where required
- Promote collaborative solutions between business / internal stakeholders and partners / suppliers.
- Participate in product selections.
- Understands, articulate and implement best practices related to area of expertise.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm in others and understand / balance differing viewpoints from stakeholders.
- Visionary and seeks opportunities to innovate.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
Qualification & Experience:
- Expert in business process improvement and with particular knowledge and insight into payments and compliance. Deep understanding of payments and compliance principles, process improvement, and transformation methodologies
- Strong customer presence – excellent communication (written and oral), presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strong advisory and client relationship management skills, distinctive problem-solving skills.
- End to end engagement management.
- Experience with technology solutions from leading vendors in payments and compliance (e.g. BPS, Ingenico, SAP, Oracle and others)
- Ability to participate in and contribute to thought leadership efforts (white papers, conference presentation materials, internal assets).
- 15+ years of experience in applying technology to payments and compliance.
- Balance enthusiasm for new technologies with a good understanding of practical implications for implementing new solutions in a business of our scale.
- Ability to sell ideas and proposals and build trust in the organisation.
- History of successful delivery of change within the payments space
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reading, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A