The Oracle Specialist will have a strong technical background and proven history of working with Oracle Retail/Financials deployments in a HA environment. Proven history of working with Oracle Retail/Financials deployments in a HA environment. You will have a good understanding of supporting software for the Oracle Retail/Financials stacks such as WebLogic, ODI, RFI, RIB, OID and Java. A good understanding of firewall and load balancing requirements for Oracle Retail and Financial deployments aswell as Linux and Unix. You’ll have excellent knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control and UNIX shell scripts used for monitoring Oracle Applications
- Drive the delivery of Oracle Retail by working closely with the programme teams
- Guidance and governance for vendors, using your technical knowledge and expertise to influence and aid project governance and decision making
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of implementation and Oracle to wider programme stakeholders
- Identify innovative solutions that enable optimisation of business process, cost and/or time
- Work across all technology teams to understand the impact to operations of new and existing solutions pertaining to key products
- Responsible for assuring Oracle changes through the change management process
- Provide technical ownership of the Oracle landscape including regular licence reviews and input to the Oracle Product/Technology roadmap
- Govern and QA of the delivery of services from an Oracle perspective
- Escalation point for product specific issues
- Provide technical leadership and input into the resolution of all Oracle related priority incidents and problems
- Define Oracle standards to which the delivery teams need to adhere
- Reporting to the Technical Team Manager, as the Oracle Product Specialist, you will form an integral part of the Application Operations team, responsible for technical ownership, support and optimisation of the Oracle solutions.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and optimisation of the Oracle landscape across the business.
- You will look to identify improvement/optimisation strategies and solutions for the Oracle application stack and as a product Specialist, you will provide technical assistance and direction to the wider team, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together.
- You will maintain the end-to-end architecture constantly looking at ways to improve or optimise and will provide input for the application roadmap, identifying when software components reach EOS and EOL dates.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reading, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A