- As the Application DBA Lead You will be the lead for all application vendor DBA teams to ensure Primark’s technical and operational standards are upheld. You will assure, govern and challenge where necessary our vendors’ work. You will be key in terms of incident and problem management and in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with the application and infrastructure teams you will ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are adhered to (e.g. storage, resilience, optimisation) This position will form an integral part of the Application Operations team, responsible for technical ownership, support and optimisation of the application database layer.
- Ensure regular feedback is provided on problem status
- Guidance and governance for vendors and the wider technical team, using your technical knowledge and expertise to influence and aid project governance, incident/problem resolution and decision making
- Managing and coordinating problem fixes/patches between development, internal teams, and customers.
- Where escalation is required, ensure detailed diagnostic information including problem origination theories, environment configuration, debugging output, relevant logs and traces are provided by the vendors
- Provide technical ownership of the Oracle DBA landscape
- Oracle database administration. You will provide technical assistance and direction to the wider operations team, ensuring that all technologies and teams work effectively together. You will maintain the end-to-end architecture constantly looking at ways to improve or optimise. As well as all of the above, you’ll be an excellent communicator, a fast learner and problem solver and have the flexibility when it comes to supporting new technologies.
- RAC, Data guard and RMAN, Microsoft SQL Server / TSQL scripting experience.
- You will have working knowledge of IT infrastructure including but not limited to: Windows Server, RHEL, Enterprise Networking and
- Database Support in a Virtualised Environment and a logical troubleshooting and debugging methodology
Qualification & Experience:
- As an Application DBA lead, you will have a strong technical background and experience with Oracle DBMS, Oracle RAC, Data guard and RMAN
- You will have 3 + years’ experience in Application Support/DBA/Production Support/System Support Engineer roles, with experience of deploying, maintaining and tuning SQL server 2012/2016. Strong knowledge of Oracle Database technologies including Oracle DBMS, Oracle
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reading, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A