Website Qatar Airways
As a Mechanical Technician you will be responsible to undertake corrective, preventive maintenance and new minor project works on types of mechanical systems, baggage handling systems, potable, sewage, fire-fighting, fuel pumping systems, automatic doors, automatic, drop-arm barrier systems, automatic sliding doors, cargo ALS systems, manual/automatic roller shutters, sewer grinding system, exhaust/ventilation systems etc. to minimize downtime of all systems within Doha International Airport (DIA) and Hamad International Airport (HIA).
- Complete corrective and preventive mechanical maintenance requirement to carry out the assigned day-to-day tasks and will be directly accountable and responsible to follow the procedure of works on all corrective/preventive maintenance and additional minor works. Assist in the response to any emergency or major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar
- Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Conduct walkthrough and inspection of all equipment & facilities in the scope of work as required.
- Perform troubleshooting, monitoring and repairs of systems, plants, equipment and machinery to facilitate smooth effective and efficient operations.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School qualification
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Practical knowledge and experience on maintenance of fire life safety systems as per NFPA
- Good working knowledge on all types of pneumatic & hydraulics systems
- Knowledge of or be able to operate forklifts, boom-lifts and scissors lifts
- Basic working knowledge of Electrical systems
- Knowledge of basic Mechanical & Mechanical & Electrical System controls
- Practical knowledge and experience of maintenance of plant, systems and equipment
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: General Business
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A