As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Meat Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Meat Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Trains, schedules, supervises, and assigns duties to meat department staff. Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards. Resolves customer complaints, answers questions, and provides advice on preparation and storage of meat. Responsible for maintaining department in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Check arriving orders for completeness and bad products.
- Inventory floor stock, cooler, and freezer stock daily.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Uses computer to check, verify and input orders.
- Follow division guidelines for implementation of the merchandising program.
- Write meat order in the order guidebook.
- Inspects displayed products for expired dates and removes them. Follows division markdown policy.
- Uses knives to cut, trim, and prepare meat products.
- Operates saws, grinders, and other meat processing machinery.
- Schedule, supervise, train, and assign duties to meat cutters and meat wrappers.
- Inspects, sorts, and grades meat products.
- Knowledge of and ability to prepare different cuts of meat.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience as a meat wrapper, meat cutter.
- Desired: Prior Management experience. Meat Department staff Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Puyallup, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A