As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Produce Manager provides friendly, courteous and helpful service. The Produce Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Trains, supervises, schedules, and assigns duties to produce clerks. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock and cooler stock daily. Writes produce order. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock and inventory in the produce area. Builds and maintains produce displays and rotates stock as needed. Prepares product for placement on sales floor by trimming, washing, banding, or wrapping produce.
- Transports bag rolls to display areas and places in rack.
- Perform daily inventory and order necessary product and supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Cleans produce display area and back room area.
- Train, schedule, and supervise produce workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the produce department.
- Examine produce for freshness, remove old stock and wet stock as needed.
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service or product, or other problems related to the operation of the Produce Department.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Uses scale to weigh items prior to wrapping or placement in shelves.
- Obtains freight and handles large and bulky items.
- Trims, washes, bands, and weighs produce.
- Previous experience or training as a produce clerk.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Desired: Prior management experience. Produce staff
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Puyallup, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A