As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Floral Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Floral Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Trains, supervises, and assigns duties to floral clerks. Writes schedule. Stocks area daily with plants, balloons, garden supplies, and artificial arrangements. Waters all plants. Designs floral arrangements with or without customer input. Cleans the floral department area. Takes inventory of all incoming stocks and supplies. Inventories floor and cooler stock daily. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock of inventory in the floral area. Cleans and prepares flowers for display.
- Train, schedule, and supervise floral clerks to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the floral area.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service, or other problems that are related to the operation of the floral area.
- Prepare and input floral department orders into computer.
- Use sprayers and containers to water all plants.
- Operate helium tank to inflate balloons.
- Design esthetically pleasing floral arrangements for display or to meet the needs of a particular customer.
- Replace stock in displays in the floral department. Make sure that all expired items are moved from the shelves daily.
- Perform daily inventory. Order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Desired: Prior management experience. Floral staff Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Previous experience or training as a floral clerk or designer.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Shoreline, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A