- We’re looking for ambitious and experienced Buyers to join our office in Ansty Park, Coventry, working across a wide range of product categories within our Home Department.
- You will be responsible for translating and then executing the category strategy for a given product range/series to deliver profitable growth, ensuring that we always offer our customers the highest quality and the greatest value. After all, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
- Use knowledge of markets and suppliers, inform the category budget and create and implement trading plans to achieve category strategy
- Monitor market trends, competitor activity, price positioning and stock availability and work in partnership with Senior Merchandisers to react appropriately to maximise sales, profitability and market share
- Create and implement a customer driven strategic vision for ranges in line with the category strategy with clearly defined and measurable initiatives.
- Act as a coach by managing Assistant Buyers and Admin Assistants, regularly assessing individuals’ performance and giving feedback where appropriate.
- Work with Design teams for development of own brand products and liaise with the Product Technologist in setting the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained
- Deliver the own brand proposition through product design, product briefs, sourcing and negotiation of exclusive propositions to differentiate us vs the market.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Buying
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A