We are looking for an enthusiastic full stack engineer (or back-end engineer with front-end capability) to deliver and further our core product data platform. This platform stores and manages core data for products that we sell across Argos and Sainsburys, powering our website and stores. This data enables customers to search, browse and buy our products, and provides all of the operational functions across our group the data that they need about our products – the quality, availability and accuracy of this data is therefore critical.
- Making it easy for our colleagues to provide and maintain high quality data, using machine-based methods to automate this
- Providing that data in a real-time way to other teams and services
- Replacing our legacy batch-driven data backend
- Making it easy for our customer-facing engineering teams to work with product data
- Experience of Java application development, using Maven, Spring and Git in particular (Java 8 and up)
- Working familiarity with and preference for modern software design patterns
- Developing high quality software through automated unit & integration testing
- Pragmatic & able to promote positive change in technology and processes
- Frontend development experience
- NoSQL backends, particularly MongoDB.
- Containerised build and deploy using Docker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Milton Keynes, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A