- The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
- There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
- Take responsibility, be responsible for the issue and resolve them by identifying and working with the relevant individuals
- Look out for new technologies and use them when they fit
- Provide 3rd line support to the applications, including rota based out of hours support
- Work with the Software Engineering Manager, Scrum Master, Test Engineers and Software Engineers as a part of an agile team
- Ensure that all of your work is completed in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose, can be efficiently supported
- Contribute to post implementation reviews to incorporate findings into future work
- Undertake all roles required by the development team to design, build and deploy bespoke applications in line with business needs and priorities
- Ability to estimate effort for the completion of User Stories
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and why they are important
- The importance of the customer through gaining feedback and using it as a basis for decision-making
- Ability to write well-structured clean code to improve the lives of our customers and colleagues
- Track record in agile development of software using the appropriate tools
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with application and database technologies and how they support specific business functions and provide commercial benefits
- Experience of writing automated tests (TDD/BDD) using tools such as Junit, Spock, Gatling and Selenium
- Excellent experience of writing clean code using Java 8+ with tools and frameworks like Spring Boot.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Software Engineering
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A