- We’re in the business of getting the best out of people. After all, our people are literally the most important asset we have, so it’s in our interest to make sure they have everything they need to feel valued, engaged, motivated and truly able to shine. Within HR, we do exactly that.
- Our Payroll Operations team is responsible for the accurate and timely production and administration of Payroll services to colleagues across Sainsbury’s Group. As a Senior Payroll Assistant you’ll be responsible for delivery of timely, accurate and complete transactional input (either directly or indirectly) to enable Payroll processing on a weekly, periodic or ad hoc basis.
- Perform effective validation and review of all remote input to the payroll system on a weekly basis. This is inclusive of (but not exclusively) Kronos time data for retail and logistics and Excel or other data capture for areas of the business e.g. Sainsbury’s bank
- Provide 2nd line expert support to the AskHR team, enabling Colleague and Management pay queries to be effectively handled.
- Input pay data not provided by self-service or system integrations and ensure that appropriate authorisation is obtained. This includes statutory or regulatory elements such as court orders, attachment of earnings, tax codes, student loans etc. either received through post or RTI via the HMRC portal.
- Undertake post pay run error recycle activities within period (weekly pay runs) enabling corrective activity to be undertaken and also post period end where manual pay corrections may be needed.
- Respond to error and warning messages in the event that integrations have ‘failed’ and data received is incomplete or erroneous and ensure escalation to resolution on a timely basis.
- Ability to build great relationships with wider teams – role modelling collaborative working across the teams.
- Excellent skills using MS Excel
- Ability to calculate pay and deductions accurately when required and apply informed judgement when reviewing outcomes.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects payroll service delivery, specifically statutory compliance, company policy and authorisation procedures.
- An understanding of delivery within an environment of multiple HR policies
- Ability to provide suggestions and driving actions to improve process, procedures and service delivery
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in using Oracle Cloud Payroll systems (desirable)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Human Resources
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A