- The Corporate Communications team is responsible for protecting and promoting Sainsbury’s reputation. Reporting to the Senior Media Relations Manager, the Media Relations Manager will support on issues-led media relations for the company, dealing with issues impacting on corporate reputation, working on both a reactive and pre-emptive basis.
- You will be responsible for media management and internal stakeholder support on operational and brand issues including, but not limited to: Sourcing, Product safety, Pricing/Promotions and Health.
- Recommend and implement ways to generate positive media coverage on key issues in line with ‘client’ needs.
- On assigned issues, you will operate with speed and judgement to ensure positive and accurate coverage of Sainsbury’s and its values in the media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists in support of assigned issues
- Coordinate the reactive press office inbox to ensure all incoming requests, including those from internal stakeholders (eg Customer
- Careline) are triaged and directed to the correct team.
- Build relationships with internal ‘clients’ to create and maintain open lines of communication so PR colleagues and internal stakeholders are kept up to date on potential issues and Sainsbury’s current positioning.
- With the support of a Senior Media Relations Manager, liaise with internal departments to plan for future issues across specific areas of
- ownership and manage the implementation of company-wide statements to all stakeholder audiences.
- A broad range of media relations skills including writing statements, Q&As, briefing documents, blogs and press releases.
- A media relations professional with experience gained in a high profile press office or other news media environment.
- The post holder will have experience dealing with issues management and crisis communication situations and be comfortable answering journalists’ queries and working with a wide range of media including key national correspondents.
- Good understanding of the business environment, current affairs and the media.
- A first rate news sense and track record of delivering effective reactive and proactive communication strategies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of using digital channels to complement traditional media.
- Good knowledge of a consumer-facing or FMCG businesses.
- Knowledge and experience of consumer PR issues and proactive PR.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: London, GB, US
Application Deadline: N/A