- We use Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservices Architecture, Kafka, Spring Webflux for reactive programming, BDD Automation with Cucumber. We connect with back-end micro services architecture running on a mixture of AWS and on-prem, deployed to Mesos/Marathon with Redis, Dynamodb, Jenkins, Docker. We write our own performance scripts using Scala and Gatlink. We keep track of everything using Git, Jira & Confluence and use the full SCRUM cycle with stand-ups, planning poker, burndowns, demo’s, retros, sprint planning and empowered teamwork!
- Sainsbury’s teams are encouraged to explore and adopt new technologies to solve the challenges they face. Are you ready to join our next stand-up?
- Checkout, Basket and Post Order modules of the argos web-site are the most complicated and challenging areas of the entire platform. It requires integrating with many systems like Payment, Order Management, Product Details, My Profile, Promotion service, Loyalty service, etc.
- The candidate will have a chance to sit down with all the other teams and be involved in design discussions, work closely with other teams, apply BDD and TDD using API Level testing frameworks.
- The role might require leading a pod of developers and automation testers. So it requires advanced technical and communication skills, not just sitting and coding all the time.
- Therefore we are looking for candidates that are open to discussions, has experience on integration projects.
- Java 8
- BDD automation (i.e. Cucumber)
- Rest/JSON API endpoints
- Spring Boot
- Act as a lead Developer
- Experience on working on microservices architectures
- Drive meetings
- Have an eye for great customer service and delivery
- Have worked on Integration projects before
- Agile Methodology
- Enjoy working on end-to-end stories in a multi-disciplinary team
- Git Framework (we use GitLab)
- Have very good communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Software Engineering
Job Location: Origin, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A