This position contributes to Starbucks success by building, coaching and guiding high performing Agile delivery teams within the Retail System Technology Team. As a servant leader, the senior scrum master partners closely with technology and business stakeholders on product / project planning, forms and supports the delivery team, champions continuous improvement, and partners with the product / project managers in the iterative delivery of solutions.
- In partnership with the product owner, mentors/coaches delivery teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Partners with project and release managers in production deployment activities.
- Owns definition and creation for key program metrics / information radiators to make work visible and to support continuous improvements within the team.
- Coaches and supports delivery teams in their planning and task definition, execution, impediment removal and tracking, review, and retrospectives
- Develops a clear understanding of projects within the program portfolio, leads delivery teams with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develops an understanding of cross-program portfolio synergies and dependencies.
- Drives the maturation of software delivery process with the team by working closely with program leadership and key business stakeholders, including product intake, product backlog prioritization, release planning and deployment pipeline / process.
- Works independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance.
- Can support multiple agile teams simultaneously, if needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Lean / Continuous Improvement is a plus
- Experience with SAFe or in a Product Owner role is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Scrum Master Certification required
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a scrum master in an IT or software development setting
Job Functions: Information Technology, Engineering
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A