Website Loblaw Companies Limited
The role will provide support to SDM store colleagues on the financial aspects affecting the store from how their business is functioning to their profitability. The role provides better insight into the drivers of what is affecting the store and whether the issue affecting one store could affect more stores within the chain. The individual will focus on identifying system, training or process issues that can cause noise in all financial processes whether it is from a financial system itself or is caused by an upstream process with financial implications. The role is expected to work on solutions with the broader team to minimize issues in the future.
- Provide guidance and training in accounting related questions and tasks from Store Administrators, Associates Owners, Front Store Managers and other store staff
- Analyze queries sent to the Store Accounting Resource Centre (SARC) and find resolution for the issue either through financial knowledge, process support, collaboration with other Central Office or Regional staff or through IT
- Monitor the type of questions/requests and conduct reviews with the team on a regular basis to identify drivers affecting performance and process. Assess whether drivers are caused by system, process or store training issues and whether the issues can be corrected in order to minimize noise in the future
- Draft training documentation as required
- Maintain a record of requests received and describe in detail the outcome of the request
- Provide support to field and Central Office resources on requests of information and support issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent prioritization skills to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to jump between different processes quickly
- Able to work in a non-structured environment
- Able to root out issues from select information provided & be comfortable to reach out for clarification
- Advanced computer/technical skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of MMS, ePOS, Micro Strategy, payroll an asset
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Highly developed organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with strong focus on detail and quality
Company: Loblaw Companies Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A