A role in a Distribution Center means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential Logistics functions. You’ll reach beyond the bounds of your team to partner across the enterprise and find solutions to support the business. Whether it’s through focusing on our regional or upstream distribution centers, import warehouses, or fulfillment and flow centers, you’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide, further differentiating Target from all the rest. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem-solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
- As a Utility Attendant, you will perform a wide variety of minor maintenance tasks in addition to all other duties as assigned pertaining to the general upkeep and maintenance of the Distribution Center.
- You will help Maintenance Mechanics perform light mechanical work such as servicing and repair of hand tools and minor floor machines. You will assist maintenance personnel in installation/removal of various items of equipment throughout the distribution center.
- You will change batteries, perform all maintenance on battery charger, keep battery equipment clean and painted, keep battery changing records and turn in records at shift end.
- You’ll perform light carpentry work such as building racks, shelving and repairing workbenches as well as completing minor plumbing tasks such as repairing of faucets and landscape sprinklers.
- You will clean stopped drains and clean sumps and drains as needed. You will perform miscellaneous work such as plastering repairs, concrete patching or minor concrete replacement.
- You will assist in all duties related to the preventive maintenance programs, such as pest control, and update records associated with these programs.
- You’ll paint necessary areas, touch up all equipment as needed, remove cardboard bales from baler, and operate snow removal equipment to clean all walks, roads and parking lots as assigned.
- You will fill out necessary paperwork or requisitions for materials as requested, keep daily work order logs for all work, clean the warehouse using sweeper and scrubber power equipment, remove trash from building using large portable dumpsters, and keep building grounds in a neat and orderly manner.
- You will operate all power equipment in safe manner, use safe lifting techniques at all times and promptly assist in spill clean up to avoid risk of accidents to team members throughout the facility.
- Able to lift and carry merchandise/equipment weighing up to 47 lbs. regularly and up to 60 lbs. on an infrequent basis
- Able to work with minimal supervision and self-motivate
Able to use maintenance tools; saws, drills, etc.
- Able to read labels, tickets, instructions, etc.
- Accurately uses basic math skills
- Able to be certified to operate all power equipment
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Midlothian, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A