Website Tesco PLC
- The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop, implement and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
- As part of wider Infrastructure Team, Networks and Security Team design, develop, implement and operate all Network and Security infrastructure technologies that facilitate both Infrastructure and the rest of Tesco Technology.
- Designing, delivering, implementing and operating new and re-usable infrastructure solutions to meet both technological, financial and business requirements.Collaborate with, and advise, development teams, to create appropriate infrastructure solutions to facilitate both their and ultimately the business requirements.
- Designs, develops, implements and operates the large-scale, high-capacity and highly resilient infrastructure solutions that allow the rest of
- Infrastructure, Technology development teams and business colleagues to consume Networks and Security Service.
- Setting the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for Networks Infrastructure Service in order to best deliver requirements of Tesco
- Technology and thus the business.
- Evaluating partners, software and hardware and finding the right mix to deliver the Technology and ultimately, business strategy
- Designs, develops, implements and operates Networks solutions in line with modern automation technologies where possible through self-service APIs. This solutions will allow Networks and rest of Infrastructure to be consumed in a controlled, auditable and repeatable manner, automatically handling failure seamlessly.
- Defining and continually overseeing standards and simplification across the entire Networks estate.
- Driving innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement
- Provides technical leadership within teams and mentoring for individuals
- Communicates effectively, able to deliver and present both written and verbal, designs, strategies and concepts clearly and affectively to Senior & Jnr staff alike
- Well organised self-starter who takes personal ownership and accountability at required levels of the work stream and project life cycles; willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
- Understand Tesco Technology and business strategies and convert into technology roadmaps and innovative solutions that best achieve these goals
- Ability to produce and maintain high quality HLD/LLD and Standards documentation
- Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced trouble-shooting
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A