Website The Clorox Company
The Assistant Plant Manager (APM) leads and owns all the operations functions at the Hidden Valley site in Wheeling, IL. The position has direct responsibility for day to day management of production operations including Safety, Process, Packaging, Distribution, and WCO (Continuous Improvement) and output of functions at the site. The APM is responsible for approximately 200 employees (4 Exempt and ~196 non-Exempt).
- Lead a team of 4-6 managers. Work to disseminate priorities for team and facility and implementation strategies for self and direct reports. .
- Drive and nurture an empowered, high performance culture that includes developing people (exempt and non-exempt), driving world class safety performance and programs, managing change, continuous improvement, and reducing operating costs.
- Provide leadership at all levels of the facility. Work proactively to foster an environment of trust, open communication and ownership.
- Drive, model, champion and support desired plant culture, vision, team-based structure, and skill-based pay for performance system
- Ensures an environment where safety is a core value. Work with plant leadership, Engineering, Maintenance and Operations to create, implement and constantly update safety requirements for the facility.
- Manufacturing Technical knowledge
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
- Excellent oral/written communication and people skills
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Exposure to World Class Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM/LEAN) or 6 Sigma
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Technology or Business is highly preferred
- 6 years of manufacturing experience
- 4 years in a leadership role managing processes and people
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Wheeling, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A