The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in the delivery of high-impact initiatives. Our programs are an independent source of truth for the organization. We ensure that timely decisions are made and that data and risk are well understood and managed. In the course of delivering programs, we drive continuous improvement within teams and growth of organizational capabilities.
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver sophisticated and strategic cross-functional projects, often with time constraints.
- Act as a bridge and a connector for the company, thrive in a multifaceted work environment, and are able to balance and prioritize multiple projects with ease!
- You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, informative and productive. Break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in school with a graduation date no earlier than December 2021 (ie. must return to school after internship).
- Solid technical background and an ability to comprehend technical designs, challenges and risks.
- Previous Internship experience as a Technical Program Manager or engineer in a software, SaaS, or mobile development environment.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A