Website United States Postal Service
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications, computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers’ credit
- Checks and sets post postage meters.
- Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
- May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the
distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current distribution schemes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Galena, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A