Website United States Postal Service
Performs manual labor in connection with maintenance and cleaning of the buildings and grounds of a postal facility; assists in firing low pressure boiler and in making minor repairs to the building and equipment.
- Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
- In smaller buildings assists the fireman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer’s absence fires and cleans the boiler.
- Operates a variety of power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts
brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the
various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
- Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for
assembly, loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dusts
furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and
driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S.
- Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A