Website United States Postal Service
Operates a mail truck on a regularly scheduled route to pick up and transport mail in bulk.
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at stations , branch office, and terminal points; as required, picks up mail from collection boxes and deposits mail in relay boxes.
- Operates truck in conformance with time schedules and rules of safety, and in accordance with instructions regarding the
- Determines condition of the truck prior to leaving and upon returning to the garage; reports all accidents, mechanical
defects and mechanical failures while on route.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as, driving a tractor and semitrailer on occasion, unloading bagged mail and
packages at post offices and picking up mail for delivery to a central point; preparing daily trip reports showing work performed; and making minor mechanical repairs to truck in emergencies while on route.
- There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
and skills associated with specific job duties.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A