Website United States Postal Service
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other
containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or
dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- In ition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions;
maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
- Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PSE Mail Processing Clerks perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day operations.
- Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
- There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Clerk
Job Location: Elizabethton, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A