Website United States Postal Service
The USPS OIG is seeking qualified applicant(s) to fill our Entry Level Auditor position(s) in multiple OIG functional areas including Audit Operations; Network Processing; Plant Evaluation Team; Transportation; Financial Controls; Supply Management and Facilities; Human Resources and Support; Delivery and Retail Operations; Sales, Marketing and International; Delivery and Retail Response Team; Inspection Service.
- Reviews and interprets financial documents, policies, standard operating procedures, and contracts to determine accuracy in accordance with procedures, internal directives and regulatory requirements.
- Assists team with planning audits when there is ample precedent for the work covered by the audit assignment.
- Uses critical thinking, data analytics, and applied logic to discern meaning of and interpret data, and identify risks.
- Performs assigned audit functions, individually and as a member of an audit team in accordance with OIG policies and procedures, and
- Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Applies appropriate quantitative and qualitative analytical methods and tools to collect, arrange, process, and present data.
- Drafts audit reports and other documents that are clear, convincing, accurate, technically thorough, and appropriately targeted to the OIG customers’ needs.
- Executes data collection efforts, ensuring that evidence collected is reliable, sufficient, relevant, and properly documented in the project work papers.
- Produces audit documentation such as internal review reports, followup assessment reports, findings, corrective and preventive action plans, internal review scopes of work, process flow charts, and work instructions, to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepted Government Auditing Standards to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of programs, functions, and operations. Postal Service specialized experience may be substituted for the 1 year of experience.
- Professional certification(s), i.e.: CPA, CIA, SixSigma, SAP FSCM, CPIM, FSCM, CFCM, CPCM, etc
- Advanced degree in accounting or any other related business degree
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in TeamMate
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
- A Master’s degree or at least one (1) year of experience conducting financial, program and/or performance audits in accordance with Generally
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: San Mateo, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A