Website United States Postal Service
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
- Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution
- On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable
items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from
bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other
containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or
dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters;
- may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions;
maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
- Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
- There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Administrative
Job Location: Elgin, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A