Website United States Postal Service
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former
customers on the route.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
- Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
- Works professionally with other employees in the office.
- May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Inverness, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A