Website United States Postal Service
Operates a mail truck on a regularly scheduled route to pick up and transport mail in bulk.
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at stations , branch office, and terminal points; as required, picks up mail from collection boxes and deposits mail in relay boxes.
- Operates truck in conformance with time schedules and rules of safety, and in accordance with instructions regarding the
- Determines condition of the truck prior to leaving and upon returning to the garage; reports all accidents, mechanical
defects and mechanical failures while on route.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as, driving a tractor and semitrailer on occasion, unloading bagged mail and
packages at post offices and picking up mail for delivery to a central point; preparing daily trip reports showing work performed; and making minor mechanical repairs to truck in emergencies while on route.
- Cases, delivers and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
- There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A