Website United States Postal Service
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers’ credit.
Ability to sell products and services includes providing timely and courteous customer service, persuasive selling to
customer needs, providing product information, creating/maintaining an aesthetically pleasing retail environment and completing sales transactions.
Ability to interact with a variety of customers to gather information, evaluate service needs and respond appropriately to unique customer situations.
Ability to identify and analyze problems by gathering information from both oral and written sources and developing an appropriate course of action to resolve the situation.
Ability to exercise courtesy and self-control in providing appropriate customer service to accomplish established goals of the functional area.
Ability to use technology-based business equipment, such as calculation equipment or computers sufficient to process customer transactions, input data, and produce numeric and written reports.
Knowledge of financial procedures such as the terminology, materials, techniques, and procedures used in maintaining accurate records of disbursements, receipts and other financial information and loss prevention.
Qualification & Experience:
- Essential Scale: Yes/No_Qualification Proficiency: Yes Computer Based Exam
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Saint Martinville, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A