Website United States Postal Service
Performs manual labor in connection with maintenance and cleaning of the buildings and grounds of a postal facility; assists in firing low pressure boiler and in making minor repairs to the building and equipment.
- Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
- In smaller buildings assists the fireman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer’s absence fires and cleans the boiler.
- Operates a variety of power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts
brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the
various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
- Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for
assembly, loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dusts
furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and
driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
- The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
- 5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
fingerprint check, state and county checks).
- A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Machias, ME, US
Application Deadline: N/A