Website Valero Energy
Coordinates and conducts activities associated with providing design and drafting services for the Refinery. Performs design and drafting services, develops work scopes, cost estimates, and coordinates execution of limited scope projects within his or her capability. Acts as the CAD Administrator and maintains a high level of efficiency in the reproduction department.
- Performs complex design preliminary equipment studies, equipment / plot layout, complex pipe conduit routing and pipe stress analysis, project design team coordinator, standard detail design development, structural /concrete detailing.
- Provides mechanical or E&I drawings, squad check complex vendor drawings, other design and drafting for engineering projects and maintenance modifications.
- Monitors quality and efficiency of work performed by contract designers and drafters.
- Provides mechanical vessel, tank, E&I design and drafting for engineering projects and maintenance modifications.
- Performs fieldwork required for design, including obtaining field dimensions/surveying, field verification of existing drawings and provides technical assistance to field construction as required.
- Administers the CADD System equipment, software and file structure.
- Administers the refinery’s equipment/instrument numbering system, departments software and library file structure. Evaluates and implements improvements to the CADD System to maintain its efficiency and reliability.
- Operations/Skilled Crafts & Trades/Maintenance
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 8 years of design and drafting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Drafting Technology preferred.
- Experience in piping, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical discipline in a refinery or petrochemical plant, or in a CADD environment preferred.
- Experience in SmartPlant (InTools) preferred.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Wilmington, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A