Website Valero Energy
As a Network Engineering Specialist, you will analyze, design, install, configure, and maintain the health of all network and voice infrastructure used by Valero’s business applications. You will analyze current processes and systems and assist in automating repetitive operational functions. You will also respond to monitoring alarms and incidents and identify long term solutions for chronic or impactful incidents.
- Work with a team of network engineers.
- Plan, design, evaluate, configure, and maintain network and voice operating systems / firmware and related protocol suites.
- Proactively identify and assess any network or voice issues, perform troubleshooting, research solutions focusing on root cause.
- Operate Valero’s network and voice environment to maintain availability, optimal performance, and compliance with Valero standards.
- Implement standards and procedures that achieve compliance with operational, regulatory, and security requirements.
- Create and update network documentation and schematics.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on technologies, products, and methodologies to enhance or improve the delivery of the network or voice services.
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- At least 5 years of network routing and switching experience in a multi-site environment required.
- At least 3 years of wireless experience in a multi-site environment required.
- Experience troubleshooting complex network and voice issues for optimal performance preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A