Website Valero Energy
Develops and maintains customer relationships within an assigned region. Reviews monthly territory reports and counsels customers predicated on these results. Exhibits ethical dealing with all while looking for profit improvement opportunities.
- Develops productive working relationships with both existing and new customers, market pricing strategies, inventory management procedures, and unbranded program understanding and territory participation.
- Observes competitive activities; new investments, promotions, pricing.
- Seeks out and analyzes new customers and market expansion opportunities.
- Develops an understanding of the market factors affecting the profitability of unbranded marketing.
- Gathers and communicates market intelligence to unbranded pricing functions, through frequent contact with customers, industry counterparts, and industry information sources.
- Becomes knowledgeable concerning the physical and operational characteristics of the Valero products distribution system.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in refining and/or petroleum sales is required.
- Experience with unbranded marketing and petroleum product supply and distribution required.
- Experience and understanding of the factors influencing supply, demand and pricing of petroleum products required.
- Ability to recommend and implement strategic courses of action relative to marketing required.
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of a purchase, exchange or processing agreement and negotiate the best deal possible required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: California, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A