- With busy flights landing and taking off day and night, will your team and store be consistently ready to provide an efficient, friendly books service? That’s just one of the challenges you need to think about as a books expert within our airport stores. As a Books Team Leader, you need to get your store running like clockwork by inspiring your people to go the extra mile. That means providing first-class knowledgeable service, training and developing your team of booksellers, and ensuring a clean and tidy store.
- Taking on lots of responsibility, we’ll trust you to get things done and to use your initiative.
- If you’ve got a good idea, tell us! We welcome fresh thinking and it could earn you new opportunities. Our airport stores are very fast-paced and you never know who you might get to impress – from visiting WHSmith board members to travelling celebrities.
- You’ll also be rewarded with some fantastic flexible benefits, including: up to 50% discount in your own store and in all our High Street stores, access to a range of discounts with other retailers, flexible working, childcare vouchers, a pension and much more!
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a business that’s just as fast-moving as ours. With this background, you’ll know how to give great customer service, even under pressure.
- Books will be an integral part of your life and you’ll be familiar with current market bestsellers as well as titles across a broad range of genres.
- Your passion for books and reading will be an inspiration for your team and clear to all our customers.
- You’ll take pride in sharing your knowledge to help customers find what they’re looking for and developing your booksellers.
- Ready to step up when needed, you’ll be determined, good with people and driven to meet targets.
Qualification & Experience:
- For this kind of role, you’ll need retail experience – not just interacting with customers, but leading and managing a team too.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Hounslow, GB, UK
Application Deadline: N/A