The Communications Assistant Manager is responsible for Positioning, promotion and protection of the brand and reputation of Carrefour and Majid Al Futtaim Retail in relevant the UAE. Assist Carrefour consumer communications and Majid Al Futtaim Retail (Carrefour franchise operator) internal and external communications in the UAE.
- Carrefour brand communication strategy implementation and planning, while ensuring the alignment from key leaders and internal clients.
- Execution of the plans, evaluates their success and report results
- Developing and maintaining communications content and collateral e.g. narrative, messages, profiles, fact sheets etc
- An integrated 360-degree communication agenda to strategically position the Carrefour brand in the UAE, create desired awareness and generate user advocacy
- Conduct Carrefour’s consumer communications across all channels through a multi-platform integrated model by in engaging with in-market social media and brand teams
- Supporting (senior) communications manager in ensuring adherence of Carrefour UAE communication plans with the communications strategy, plan, guidelines, policies & processes of Majid Al Futtaim
- Speedy and effective handling of issue and crisis situations in alignment with Retail and Holding Corporate Communications directives
- Leverage metrics and analysis tools to measure and report results, traction and effectiveness of communications activities
- Generates and disseminates content in written and multimedia formats accordingly to company policies and standards
- Manage calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.)
- Suggest innovative ideas in brainstorming sessions
- Provide assistance organization and execution of different events
- Draft and design different type of PR content (for example media announcements, newsletters and speeches)
- Edit and proofread press releases, videos and presentations
- Strong writing skills in Arabic and English
- strong storytelling and dialogue skills with cross department colleagues and business leaders
- Build and maintain long-term relations with media and stakeholders.
- Examine and document media coverage and track relevant PR metrics
- Maintain contact databases and mailing lists with updates
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Good communication skills to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment with focus on impact and an ability to work effectively and succeed in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to track results and provide measurable success
- Ability to take on new and creative ideas/concepts and carry them through to their conclusion.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant experience working with consumer / multinational companies or communications agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations of Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in communications and public relations
- Media journalism experience is added bonus
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A