Website Dubai Metro
To identify, evaluate, shape and drive activity required to secure new business and retain existing business in Defence for the Middle East division, with a particular focus on the Maritime sector in KSA and UAE.
This will include defining pathways to new business by identifying and creating market opportunities and leading proactive proposals and tenders responding to customer’s needs. The role also contributes to the strategy of Serco Middle East
- Engage in partnership development, strategic partnerships and potential M&A activities
- Lead in the development of a network of relationships with key customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders to anticipate and meet customer’s existing and future needs and enhance Serco’s reputation;
- Undertake local market shaping / pricing for the solution
- Undertake intelligence gathering on customers, targets and competitors
- Work with the BD Director to develop, own and implement plans that will deliver business strategy to maximum effect;
- Support the critical evaluation of opportunities and assure bids are executed to a high Standard, working with the Bid team as the voice of the customer
- Collaborate with Serco’s support functions to ensure effective financial management is in place to achieve turnover, profit and cash targets and to meet legal requirements
- Prepare proposals, scoping documents and presentations to communicate opportunities and proposed sales strategies
- Ensure customer retention and secure extension options for Defence
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities to extend and develop Serco’s customer and profit base across sectors; responsible for both developing pipeline and winning bids
- Responsible for leading go to market activities that leads to winning business with new customers
- Existing knowledge of the large Defence Services client’s entities in KSA and UAE
- Arabic language skills are highly desirable
- Leadership and a convincing style to win.
- Effective communicator and negotiator.
- Exposure to and interpretation of the financial management of complex organisations.
- A natural consultancy style that constructively challenges the business and builds relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or post-graduate studies / Advanced degree or post-graduate qualification
- Navy or Maritime experience in UAE and/or KSA is essential
- Exposure to Navy Vessels Maintenance , Operations and Modernization techniques
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in Business growth success and the bidding/tendering process in service contracts enabled by technologies
- Experienced post-command Executive with significant warfare and technology experience
- Experience in maritime systems design, acquisition support, production, and in-service support is preferable
- Experience in business growth success and the bidding/tendering process in service contracts
- Experience in commercial negotiations, contract negotiations and closing deals
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A