Serco are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Approach Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in the United Arab Emirates affords.
- Ensure the provision of Approach control service, flight information service and alerting service to aircraft operating in the UAE FIR
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the UAE FIR.
- Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
- Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within the UAE FIR.
- Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
- Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedure and system changes.
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
- Interface to influence colleagues and OJT students in order to develop the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into GCAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
- Delivers against own Objectives in accordance with Serco’s Governing Principles, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive by actively working towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Communicates Effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Adapts to change by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Assumes Responsibility by effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Qualification & Experience:
- A validated Approach Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Approach Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 5 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A