Website United States Postal Service
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services; may
use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the
public regarding postal regulations.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable).
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S.
- Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Petersburg, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A