The Loss Prevention team, together, work to protect assets and reduce losses; ensure a safe and secure environment for all co-workers, customers and visitors. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing safety and security.
- Respond to all Safety and Security needs promptly and perform First Aid or other emergency/security procedures as needed.
- Open and close the store as scheduled following IKEA procedures.
- Regularly perform all operational and safety audits as required
- Conduct assigned Safety and Security investigations and follow-up on all incident reports and insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Make sure all security systems and equipment are well maintained and all local laws, regulations, standards and Health and Safety processes are adhered.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects including positively lead, mentor and support your team members with their responsibilities as needed.
- You hold a valid provincial security license, are CPR and Basic First Aid certified, too (strongly preferred but not required)
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with keen eye for details and strong sense of responsibility.
- You handle sensitive reports and confidential investigations with extreme professionalism and integrity.
- You keep calm under pressure and can quickly take initiative and ownership of crisis situations.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have at least 3 -5 years’ work experience in Loss Prevention, Safety and Security or a similar field.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Richmond, BC , CA
Application Deadline: N/A