Website Valero Energy
Attends to the occupational and medical concerns of Valero employees.
- Performs follow up care/treatment for occupational injury or illness.
- Obtains and maintains accurate and complete medical records on employees.
- Ensures the infirmary, medical equipment, and supplies are maintained and ready for use at all times.
- Administers OSHA required immunizations and vaccinations.
- Performs case management of both work related and non-work related injuries and illnesses.
- Coordinates drug and alcohol testing (post incident and for-cause).
- Administers company policy in regards to drug and alcohol testing.
- Provides on-going safety and medical education and training to all Valero employees and Emergency Response Team members. Examples of services include, but are not limited to: First Aid training, CPR, AED, and blood borne pathogen training.
- Performs various testing to ensure the health and safety of Valero Employees and Emergency Response Team members. Examples of services include, but are not limited to: Functional Capacity Exams, audiometric testing, pulmonary function testing, and respirator fit testing.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Registered Nurse designation required.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) designation preferred.
- Certified in audiometric testing preferred.
- Ability to maintain continuing education units (CEU) for Occupational Nursing as required by the State and the Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA specific regulations required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of clinical and/or occupational nursing experience required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Texas City, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A